What? You said it's all about yourself, didn't you? You don't give a damn to what I think or do or feel, as long as it doesn't involve you, do you? So what's this? You ask me.
And I say, Yes, I still say that. It's still about me. But that me exists around you. No philosophy here. Simple life. Existence. Business and money and all those materialistic things you've got there. Nothing surreal or great that I have to say. It's all about me, and still, it's all about you, because somehow, it's you who define me, and since it's me I care about, I need to care about you. I have to. Whether I want to, or not, it really doesn't matter.
You know what? It doesn't make any sense. One moment you say it's all about you, and the next moment you say it's about me; can you think for a moment and then say what you actually want to say? You ask me. And I reply, Well, I guess I have been quite clear. I exist because you do. Without you, I don't have a purpose to exist, and so you matter. To me. In order to me being myself. Like an artist exists only if there is someone to appreciate art. Like a business exists if there are customers for that business. A product comes out if there is a need. A solution evolves if there is a problem.
I live in a world full of transactions. Things that I need, in return for things that you want. I know what I need. But I need to know what you want. If I don't know what you want, I won't have what you need, and you won't give me what I need because you get nothing from me. I create something, for which there are no takers. And I need something, for which there are no givers. This cycle runs and runs, till I become a non-entity.
I live in a world full of conversations. And relations. And negotiations. And deals. And communications. And all that needs two. It's no longer just me. No, it's still me, but it's me to you and back to me. I have to depend on you. If I want me to survive, I need you to accept what I have to offer. For you to accept what I have to offer, you need to have a need for what I have to offer. And to offer something for which you have a need, I need to know what you need. In all, I need to understand you.
Probably even more. I need to understand you to know what you need, and maybe I need to convince you that I understood you and I know what you need, and I need to convince you that what I offer is what you need. Only if you understood that, would you offer me what you have for me, and again, you need to know that what you have to offer is what I need.
I don't like it. It's too much of you. It's just too much for me. But I guess I need to live with it. Because I can't live without it.
I can't be without you. Because I am, whatever You say I am.
And I say, Yes, I still say that. It's still about me. But that me exists around you. No philosophy here. Simple life. Existence. Business and money and all those materialistic things you've got there. Nothing surreal or great that I have to say. It's all about me, and still, it's all about you, because somehow, it's you who define me, and since it's me I care about, I need to care about you. I have to. Whether I want to, or not, it really doesn't matter.
You know what? It doesn't make any sense. One moment you say it's all about you, and the next moment you say it's about me; can you think for a moment and then say what you actually want to say? You ask me. And I reply, Well, I guess I have been quite clear. I exist because you do. Without you, I don't have a purpose to exist, and so you matter. To me. In order to me being myself. Like an artist exists only if there is someone to appreciate art. Like a business exists if there are customers for that business. A product comes out if there is a need. A solution evolves if there is a problem.
I live in a world full of transactions. Things that I need, in return for things that you want. I know what I need. But I need to know what you want. If I don't know what you want, I won't have what you need, and you won't give me what I need because you get nothing from me. I create something, for which there are no takers. And I need something, for which there are no givers. This cycle runs and runs, till I become a non-entity.
I live in a world full of conversations. And relations. And negotiations. And deals. And communications. And all that needs two. It's no longer just me. No, it's still me, but it's me to you and back to me. I have to depend on you. If I want me to survive, I need you to accept what I have to offer. For you to accept what I have to offer, you need to have a need for what I have to offer. And to offer something for which you have a need, I need to know what you need. In all, I need to understand you.
Probably even more. I need to understand you to know what you need, and maybe I need to convince you that I understood you and I know what you need, and I need to convince you that what I offer is what you need. Only if you understood that, would you offer me what you have for me, and again, you need to know that what you have to offer is what I need.
I don't like it. It's too much of you. It's just too much for me. But I guess I need to live with it. Because I can't live without it.
I can't be without you. Because I am, whatever You say I am.
4 comments:
Your previous post was about 'ME'..this one is about 'YOU'. Apparently it would seem that these are diametrically opposite issues. But, for me, it looks to be more of a diametrically opposite point of view of the same topic. The topic which basically looks into the primary instincts or the main objectives of our lives. Is it that we do things for ourselves or is it that we do it for others? Is it me first then you? Is it really you for what I am? These questions and similar ones will rarely have satisfactory answers. There will always be a conflict of thoughts, even within one's own self.
Life is as 'all about us' as 'all about you / me'. People can't survive alone. Not even Tarzan or Mowgli, they needed the apes and wolves (respectively) for company.
Thats plain and simple truth.
S.C.
me, you.....come'on get over this me you business!! Think of "them". Think of "us".
Bottomline--think of categories.
But don't act based on categorical thinking!
Well...umm...that's about it.
cool!!! ur brilliant
Post a Comment